Friday, February 12, 2010

And yet another bag

I've been a little obsessed with nautical lately. My whole room is based on it (the blue and white is my favorite part of the nautical vibe). Well, I wanted to make a bag for my aunt who also likes blue. I walked around JoAnn's trying to find the perfect fabric. She also likes cats and cute little houses and anything that would make you think of your first grade teacher because she was a first grade teacher.

I ended up with this:
I think she will love it for the same reasons I do, first of all, it's gorgeous. I really could just stare at it all day. Second of all, the fabric (especially the liner) is reminiscent of things from my Grandparent's house. I think she'll appreciate that. That sailboat fabric could still very well match sheets they would use in their blue bedroom. They live on the water and have all sorts of ship/sailboat/water related things around their house. Third, she can use it for anything, but specifically a sewing bag or a beach bag. I would love to take this bag to the beach. I made the straps a little longer so you can fit a beach towel in the bag and still sling it over your shoulder. It's the perfect size for a towel, a book, a bottle of water and some sunglasses...and it's easily washable so if you want to stop using it as a beach bag, sand removal is totally painless.

2 comments:

annie (the annilygreen one) said...

that fabric is gorgeous! i love the blue so, so much. it looks like the perfect bag.

Nicole said...

i love it. the boat fabric is very cool...