Monday, December 21, 2009

Flowers

Another unexpected project came about when I got into making fabric buttons. I made three preliminary buttons just because I was excited to make them, then I had to figure out what to do with them. I decided to try making some fabric flowers and I used the buttons for the center. Then I added ribbon so they could be used as a headband or tied around a ponytail or a little girl's waist as a belt.

Here's my first ever attempt:

(Notice my awesome fake head. She holds my hat and sits on top of my bookshelf, but she is also quite useful for this purpose...and my nephew escaped having to model the flowers.)

I was very happy with how cute it turned out (the construction is not so clean, but no one can see that so oh well).

Next, I made this one:


I got more creative with this one because I was trying to make good use of the scrap materials we had around and I wanted it to be purple. I love the mix of stripes and gingham and the blue and brown really help the purple to stand out. I'm not entirely sure I want to give this away, but I'm a little too old to pull of this particular style. haha.

I also made one out of some left over Little Mermaid fabric and some pink flannel. It turned out super cute, but I don't have a photo yet.

No comments: