Monday, January 12, 2009

New look for a new year?

With all the stuff going on regarding handmade kids products (Help Save Handmade!) and the very real possibility that selling my tutus (and other items I had in the works) will be illegal as of February (purchase a tutu now, folks!), I've been thinking of how to proceed with Zeelightful.

There are so many questions to answer. What do I do with the tutus I have hanging in my closet? What's the best way to recover my cost before February? Do I just hang on to the tutus I have made (which thankfully are not that many) that haven't sold and use them as gifts later? What new products can I make that are not for children under the age of 12? Is it worth it to try and make and sell those products?

See my dilemma? I have decided to make some new products to put up on my Etsy page. That was the plan after all. I have also decided that I need a new, less tutu-centric look. This was also part of the original plan. So now I want some thoughts on the new look. The first photo is just the regular look, the others are variations and banners. I make use of the same colors (pink, yellow, green and orange) just a little more muted. The font is different and I'm personally digging the black and white. Now let me know what you think.














4 comments:

Herry and Jayley said...

I like the very top one personally-why will it be illegal to sell come February?

Torie said...

I like the top one too. It looks very pretty and professional.

Megs said...

Ooh! I like them all, but I really like the outliney one with a little bit of color. It's v.v. cewl.

annie (the annilygreen one) said...

i'm such a huge fan of the original look....it fits with the name and the mood of the stuff you make so well.