Sunday, January 11, 2009

Zizi Blankie for Bug

I will post pictures soon, but today I made a Zizi Blankie for my youngest nephew.

I made a quilt for Monkey when he was born and of course my sister says I have to make one for all her kids.

Monkey's was a bit more detailed because there was a lot more embroidery done (I just couldn't get in the mood to sit and embroider this time around - although losing my job helped me do the stuff I did finish for Bug). Monkey's had...well, monkeys on it and was orange, yellow, blue and green. The back side was all fuzzy green.

Bug's quilt has rockets and a space ship on it and is blue, green and brown with fuzzy blue/green/brown striped fabric on the back. I tried to pick fabrics that were appropriate (jungle looking ones for Monkey's and space-y looking ones for Bug's) and the colors i chose match the blankets my mom crocheted for them.

Monkey named it the Zizi Blankie but he pretty much names everything I make him along those same lines but I have since made him a more grown up blanket (the cars blanket with the Mater pillow) and I'm sure I'll probably do the same for Bug when he gets older.

No comments: