Sunday, October 3, 2010

First costume done!!

Well, mostly. I need to find socks...I might go with white socks instead of yellow. What do you guys think?

Bug is going to be Charlie Brown.



Here's his shirt (front and back):



I bought fabric that didn't need to be hemmed and I also got fusing paper so I could just iron on the squiggle. I cut out the pattern and ironed it and the whole thing took 15 minutes. That's the kind of project I love!


I might make a second one to post in the shop since I bought a back up shirt (on sale at Children's Place) in case this ended up being a more difficult project.

As for the rest of the outfit, he already has a pair of brown shorts and brown shoes. So, like I said, we just need the socks.

Next up is Monkey's Snoopy costume. My plan is to make a pair of white flannel pants (an easy project) and use a white hoodie to make the Snoopy ears and body. Hopefully it works out.

After that it's two dresses for my sister and me (Sally and Lucy) and a striped red shirt for my brother-in-law (Linus). The dresses are the big question. I don't sew with a pattern very often. Cross your fingers!

No comments: