Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Catching You Up

Since moving back to Maryland, I have been severely slacking in terms of blogging. I'm trying to be better because I really do love doing it, but haven't had much to say that didn't (to be completely honest) make me more depressed.

So here's a little catch up instead. Things I've finished since January and new projects I hope to finish before the year is through:

Monster Army (favors for Bug's first birthday party and a shirt for him to wear at the party). Bug had a monster birthday party. I made 16 monsters when all was said and done - some were sent off to live with faraway friends, most were given away at the party. Here are my early sketches:

The shapes had to be simple so I could sew them all quickly. The two on top were the most common shapes, only one looked like the bottom sketch and had a batch of yarn hair instead of ears. I thought he looked too much like a tooth so I didn't use that pattern again.

A plethora of eyeballs. Making the eyes is the hardest part really so I just sat down one night and churned them out so I didn't have to worry about them one at a time.

I also decided to embroider a shirt for Bug to wear. Lauren found hoodies with monsters on them for the boys to wear as well.

That couch was full of stuffed monsters and each went to a new home by the end of the party. I was surprised at how eager all the girls were to choose their own monster (Bug and Monkey don't have a lot of little boy friends their ages so it was mostly girls - I'm sure they won't be complaining come high school).

Flash forward a couple of weeks and you have this:

A flower hair band for my niece and a flower hair clip for me. Here we are posing together just before going to church. I also made the dress I'm wearing...It's the same as the blue polka dot dress I made last summer, just a different pattern.

Other than that I haven't done anything too big. I made a pair of baby leg warmers for Dizzy and a cute spit rag. Mostly I've been crocheting, I just haven't taken any photos of the blankets. I finished one for myself just before moving home. I made a baby blanket for my friend Crin's newest little boy, I made a couch throw for my friend Jamie and I've been working on two more that will be sent out as surprises. You can imagine a full size blanket can take a bit of time to crochet so I don't feel bad that I haven't worked on other things.

Sadly, the tutus have been put on hold. Not having a full-time job gives me the time to make tutus, but not the money for the tutu supplies. Such is life. I obviously would still make them if asked and paid for, but I can't afford to keep a stock on hand. I also have journals and clip boards to make that have been sitting around for a while. I figure I will get in the mood to use the mod podge one of these days and crank out a whole bunch...in the meantime, I'll be crocheting.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So the Sims is interesting. Overall I like the updates, definitely don't spend the extra money for the collectors edition, though. It doesn't add anything to the game - just a strategy guide and a jump drive. I really like the personality traits, and there are some new features like opportunities that allow you to earn extra money for doing random things throughout the neighborhood. It's also pretty fun to customize all the clothes and bedding a stuff, cause sometimes you really like a shirt but the color is ugly, or something. Overall, fun to play with, probably worth waiting until it comes down in price about 10 bucks.

Nicole said...

i love those monsters you make!!! hey, i know this is late, but, we're blessing the babies this sunday morning. we'd love to see you if you want to drive up! we're having an open house after too. tiffany will be there. we'd love to see you! email me if you can.